Here at the Horse and Jockey we know how important it is that you feel secure in booking at The Jockey!
For your bookings this year we would like to reassure you that if you or a member of your party becomes unwell because of COVID-19 symptoms and we can’t arrange a suitable COVID secure delivery, we will of course issue you a full refund.
T&Cs: if any of your party (or your whole group) needs to cancel or amend the booking due to COVID-19 symptoms, as long as you give us 72 hours’ notice we will always process a 100% refund for you. Please be patient as refunds may take up to 14 days. Ideally rather than cancelling, if you can book another date for a few weeks’ time or ask for your order to be delivered, that would be a massive help to us at the Jockey, but we understand completely if that’s not possible. #StaySafe
If we have to shut the pub further :( then we will give you as much notice as possible and if we can’t guarantee a new opening date, and you are not happy to re-book in the future, of course we will give you a full refund of your deposit and any additional pre-orders/packages. You are covered!
So basically, as long as you give us 72 hours’ notice, so we have a chance to re-book your table then you get 100% refund. Whether that is for the whole party or a just a drop in numbers.
Within the 72 hour period we will make every effort to rearrange your booking, offer you a socially distanced delivery (if you are within 3 miles of the pub), or a takeaway, if that's appropriate, to collect. If in the unlikely event we cannot arrange any of this, unfortunately you will be responsible for your full booking fees. Here at the Jockey we are confident we won't let that happen! But we wanted to let you know just incase! We are here to help - give us a call on 01924 695638, and ask for Laura, if you have any questions.
On the positive, if we are allowed to increase numbers, and we can accommodate, please give us a call to add to your booking!
This year has been a year like no other and so it will come as no surprise to you that all our bookings are subject to government guidelines. If government advice changes and we need to make any updates to our guidance and booking policies, we will do so on our website. So please check back to ensure that you have the up to date detail - we want to keep you and everyone at the Jockey safe, not only for Christmas, but always.
We are currently awaiting government guidance for which tier we will be in when the pub reopens. In the meantime, these are the COVID secure guidelines from the Horse and Jockey! #TheNewNormal #StaySafe
- Everyone must complete Test and Trace procedures when entering the pub, either through the NHS Test and Trace QR code or by registering with a member of staff or through online booking
- All customers must wear a face mask when stood up for any reason
- Table service only - we will come to you, and we have some handy tags to help you let us know you are waiting!
- All staff will wear a face covering and be doing 30 minute touch point cleaning throughout the pub
- 1 in, 1 out for our toilet facilities, please queue in a socially distanced manner if necessary
- One way system - please enter at the front door, and exit through the car park doors
- Our tables are located in socially distanced layouts - please do not move them. Please let us show you to your table on entering - this way we definitely get your first order in a timely fashion!
- If you are seated outside, and we are a capacity inside, unfortunately you will not be able to come if the weather changes!
- Please use the sanitiser stations
- General rules must be followed
- Table size is maximum 6, and can be from different households
- General rules must be followed
- Table size is maximum 6, and you MUST be from the same household or support bubble
- All customers must have a substantial meal
- You will be asked to confirm you are from the same household/support bubble on entry. This is for our protection should we be asked to prove we are following government guidance - let's keep the Jockey open guys!
- The pub is closed for customers
- Takeaway may be collected or delivery arranged
- Alcohol can only be purchased if ordered in advance